Smartex's annual two-day Conference and Exhibition for the TCF
REBUILDING EFFECTIVE AND SUSTAINABLE PUBLIC TRANSPORT
21st & 22nd September 2021
The Old Ship Hotel, Kings Road, Brighton BN1 1NR
Free attendance for transport operators and Local Authorities
We are delighted to announce that this year’s two-day Conference & Exhibition, TCF21, will take place at The Old Ship Hotel in Brighton on the 21st and 22nd September 2021.
Following nearly 18 months of enforced virtual contact, this key networking event in the smart transport calendar will once more bring together transport operators, service providers, Central and Local Government bodies and other industry specialists.
TCF21 will give you a unique opportunity to understand and debate the huge impact that Covid-related events have had on the public transport sector, and ways by which smart technology can support the rebuilding of an effective and sustainable public transport landscape.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND TCF21?
- Transport Operators (FREE, terms apply, see below)
- Local Authorities (FREE, terms apply, see below)
- Product and Service Suppliers (terms apply, see below)
- Anyone with an interest in passenger transport and trends affecting the smart transport technology industry (terms apply, see below)
WHY ATTEND TCF21?
- Hear how to rebuild passenger confidence in public transport journeys
- Appreciate the fundamental shifts happening in smart public transport
- Learn from expert speakers about the emerging strategy and tactics for matching the quality and spread of smart transport systems to the travel requirements of the new generation of passengers
- See demonstrations of modern smart ticketing, payment and related products
- Discover the latest technologies that are revolutionising ticketing, payments and much more
- Network with senior transport industry officials
- Enjoy again our legendary Smartex hospitality!
The conference element of TCF21 is planned to include the following main subject areas, each of which will be supported by a number of short presentations and/or debates:
- Making travel simple: using technology for smarter transport decisions
- How has Covid changed us? And what has Covid taught us about the future of ticket types and payment methods?
- National strategies:
- DfT role
- Bus and train operator views
- Regional plans – updates from the regions
- Sustainable transport initiatives and developments:
- Future Transport Zone: boosting smart transport initiatives
- Data, Development and DRT
- Bus decarbonisation
- Sustainable mobility: smart bikes
- Autonomous vehicles/MaaS
- Emerging standards
- What's next in wallets
- Flexi Season Tickets
- SWIFT Account Based Ticketing (ABT)
- New solutions for smart public transport
- 'Real' mobile solutions
- TfW North Wales Capping pilot
- Ticketing in all forms
- Without baggage: what does an EMV-only world look like?
- Flowbird in Monaco: mass integration with parking
- Modern Ticketing - Fujitsu's digital transformation vision
- Smart transport activities and projects
- ITSO update
- The future of transport in London
- Hertfordshire CC Bus Project
- White-label EMV
- Imagining public transport futures for 2050
The above content may be amended if necessary.
THE SUPPORTING EXHIBITION
TCF21 will be supported and enriched by sponsors and other exhibitors, who will be on hand to demonstrate and explain their latest products and services for this sector, and whose generosity permits Smartex to offer free attendance to invited non-member transport operators and Local Government bodies with transport schemes.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DEAL FOR DELEGATES?
The following will be included:
- Participation at all sessions on both days
- Access to all available presentation material
- Refreshments on arrival and throughout both days, including two buffet luncheons
- Cocktail reception
The following are not included, and if required, must be reserved and paid for by participating delegates:
- Overnight accommodation
- Dinner on the evening of 21st September
Our informal evening cocktail reception will be held in the exhibition room on Tuesday, 21st September.
We are planning our traditional annual event dinner, and this will be held after the cocktail reception at a nearby restaurant. Guests will be asked to pay for their own meals, and this may be done in advance with Smartex.
We have reserved a limited number of rooms at the Old Ship Hotel in Brighton (the event venue) at the preferential rate of £105 B&B. To book, please call 01273 766118 and quote reference: STCF290121.
ATTENDANCE TERMS FOR MEMBERS
Current Smartex members with remaining attendance entitlements for a normal TCF one-day meeting may attend free-of-charge within their membership, and this event will count as one day of attendance, even if both days are attended. Sponsors/exhibitors will each be offered two delegate passes for the conference sessions.
ATTENDANCE TERMS FOR NON-MEMBERS
- Delegates from non-member transport operators and Local Authorities may attend free-of-charge for both days
- Other non-members may attend at a cost of £200 + VAT per delegate per day
If you would like to reserve your place at TCF21, please register via our Online Booking Form, where you will be able to select your particular attendance requirements.
We shall of course be adhering to any social distancing rules that may be in place at the time, and will introduce a range of new safety measures so that you can have every confidence that we are taking all reasonable precautions to keep you safe.
If you have any questions relating to TCF21 attendance or would be interested in becoming an event sponsor/exhibitor, please contact me at email@example.com or on +44 (0)7785 254405.